Friday, June 14, 2013

Happenings


Thought I'd post an update since it's been a while and I will be on vacation for the next 3 weeks (yay!!).

We are all doing great. Kaia is 14 weeks and growing like a weed. Frank is in Albuquerque for work until the end of the month. I've been working on getting renters moved out of the house we renovated last year, and new renters moved in (4 day turn around!!). They left the house in such spotless condition, luckily I didn't have to do much. The new renters are moving in tomorrow morning.



The past few weeks have been filled with beach trips and a whole lot of nothin'! We've probably made 5 trips to the beach in the past 6 weeks. Kaia is turning out to be quite the beach bum! Frank is really getting into kite surfing, and lucky for him, Destin/Ft Walton beach is only 2.5 hours away and a prime location for the sport. Kaia does pretty well on the beach, but lately it's been pretty hot and she's not a fan of the heat, so we've been taking it easy.

I am flying to Albuquerque on Sunday with the bebe....ALONE (AH!). I'm sure it will be just fine, but I'll also be toting along 3 weeks worth of gear since we won't be back home until July 8th. At the end of June I'll be flying from NM to Michigan to visit with Frank's family, we'll be doing the 4th of July there and we are also planning Kaia's baptism at the same church we were married in :). We are also contemplating a trip to Mackinac Island, but haven't decided yet. I would love to go since the furthest north I've been in Michigan is the Traverse City area, and this is a great time of year to be visiting northern Michigan!

Kaia is such a joy...she's the funnest baby ever (doesn't everyone say that about their own kids? ha). I was in a little funk, nothing too crazy, just didn't feel like myself, after she was born until about a month ago.  I'm finally feeling like myself again. Probably just adjusting to being a mom and figuring things out. It's all getting easier and we have sort of a routine, but every day is pretty much a surprise! She is rolling over both ways now...as of today actually! She had been rolling over from her back to her stomach, and then finally today she figured out how to roll the other way...so we have a rolley baby! Which means...I can't lay her on the couch and walk away for a few minutes like I used to!

She is smiling and "talking" up a storm. It's so nice to look over at your baby first thing in the morning and have her look at you with a huge smile on her face jabbering away. She is in SUCH a good mood when she wakes up in the mornings. I'm usually not a very big morning person, but she is definitely helping me enjoy my mornings a little more! Still no laughing yet, but she does little chuckles and super cute squeals. I'm doing every ridiculous thing I can imagine to try and get her to belly laugh...hasn't happened yet. She probably thinks her mom is insane.

Frank and I FaceTimed today on our phones today and Kaia was sooo intrigued by it, she just kept staring at Frank...it was the cutest thing. I think she probably recognized his voice and was wondering where the heck he was. I always wonder how long it takes babies to forget. When Frank is gone for a week, does Kaia forget him? I sure hope not, if so, that makes me sad :(

 Let's see...what else. She is now borderline growing out of her 3 month PJ's and about to be in all 6 month. She can still fit into most 3 month clothes, but they are looking a little small and I bet she will be in 6 month soon, she's just too skinny! All the 6 month tops fit, but the bottoms are huge. This poses a problem since we will be out of town for nearly a month. Looks like I'll be bringing size 3 month and size 6 month clothes! She is getting really long. When I rock her to sleep and she's laying on me she looks so big! I know everyone says it, but they really do grow fast! She's no longer this little cuddly, scrunched up baby.

She is also starting to get into her toys as of about a month or so ago. She has a few rattles she likes, she really likes her playmat/gym with a mobile that flashes lights and plays music. She loves grabbing/holding on to her toys and is putting everything in her mouth! She's starting to grab her feet, only a matter of time before those start going in her mouth too.

Here is a video of her rolling over today and another video of her squeal!


More photos, in backwards order from most recent:

Smiling in her sleep

I took this one after her bath today...Frank pointed out she looks like Bozo! ha!

Happy 3 Months!

Showing off her new headband

Saw some Star Wars guys at a baseball game....photo op!

If only my legs were a little longer...

Nom Nom Nom!

yum yum in my tum tum


Frank Kite Surfing

Snoozing after the beach

Memorial Day weekend

Beach Baby!

I can't remember the name of this Mexican joint in Ft. Walton, but it was good!

Mother's Day after church

No comments:

Post a Comment