Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Releasing my inner grandma


I’m going to go ahead and put it out there that I was up until 1AM last night…knitting, it was a crazy night, let me tell ya. Well, I don’t know if you’d actually call it knitting, or repeatedly pulling out stitches and wondering why the heck it doesn’t look right. But, I think I have the basics down now (many youtube videos later…), so hopefully I can start knitting all sorts of things soon. 


My practice stitches


In other news- Frank completely gutted the hallway bathroom! Which means, return of the dust…evvveerrryywhhheerre. Yayyyy…I LOVE DUST! Ha. Not. But I am super excited to start working on a new room in the house. Also, the half bath is totally finished (we skim-coated and repainted it because we weren’t happy with the way it turned out the first time). It looks really nice; is it bad that our half bath is the nicest room in the house? I think I’ll probably camp out in there until the rest of the house is finished.

Other than that, not a lot going on at the home front. Frank flew a jet to Madison, WI yesterday for a meeting with their guard…he got to meet Congressman Paul Ryan, which is kind of neat. He’s coming home today, but he’s leaving again for Jacksonville, FL on Friday and will be there through the weekend. I thought about driving over there to hang out this weekend, but haven’t decided yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment