Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Just an update :)


It’s been a while since I posted so I figured I should play a little catch up!

We went to TX for my best friend’s wedding on Oct. 28-31, soo happy for my friend Cathy and her great catch, Ricky! They are such a cute couple and I can’t wait for my next trip to Vegas to visit them! The wedding was at the Kemp Center for the Arts in downtown Wichita Falls. For those of you who grew up in WF, do you remember when that was the public library? That was the first time I had been in that building since they moved the library…I’m thinking probably around 1994ish? It looks completely different inside, but some things are in the same place (like the downstairs restrooms). Brought back tons of memories, we used to go to the library a lot when I was a kid. 

The bride and I

After the wedding we spent all day Sunday hanging out with the family, and then drove back to DFW that night with our friends Joey and Nate since we were flying back early in the morning on Monday. We saw Paranormal Activity 3…wasn’t that impressed. Of course, it doesn’t take much to scare me, but the story line wasn’t really that great. Maybe it’s because I had my eyes closed during 75% of the movie…ha.

Halloween night we were back in Montgomery, so we handed out candy to all the neighborhood kids. Believe it or not, this is the first time I’ve actually handed out Halloween candy. I obviously didn’t prepare well, because I only had 2 bags of candy and it was gone in about .5 seconds. Luckily Frank was able to make an emergency run to the grocery store and get more.

Frank and I are still working out at the crossfit gym…him probably a little more-so than me. I try and make it 2-3 times a week…4 if I’m feeling extra ambitious (which, unfortunately, doesn’t happen very often…). I am starting to tell a little difference from the past few months, though. I can do a pull ups now, well…a few…without the bands! Getting there, slowly but surely. I’ve also gained about 3-5 pounds and have been eating pretty clean for the most part, so I’m hoping it’s muscle. I can definitely tell my core is a lot stronger than before.

I’ve been cooking like crazy lately. Just in the past week or so I’ve made:

Sometimes I wake up in the mornings and my first thought is about what I’m going to cook later on in the day. I think I have a problem. My Christmas list is already filling up with new kitchen gadgets.

As far as the house goes…we’re getting closer to choosing tile and a contractor for the hall bath. I've prepped the brick on the fireplace for painting, so hopefully that will get done soon (decided to just paint it white). Also, I think we’ve decided to paint all the kitchen cabinets white and put beadboard on the outside of the island. We are hoping our finished kitchen will look very similar to this photo below:

Kitchen plan

This weekend I will be flying with some of my co-workers to the Bahamas (our trip was cancelled last month due to weather). Frank is doing the Auburn/Georgia football game flyover…if you’re watching the game on TV, look for the F-16’s! He’s #3, I think. He’s also doing a Veterans Day flyover in downtown Montgomery. I wish I would be around this weekend, he always does fun stuff when I leave, ha. I guess I can’t really complain, though…the Bahamas will be pretty darn nice.

It's fall in our neighborhood!

Our house...I should probably rake our front yard soon...still in dire need of landscaping...
P.S. The new iPhone 4s is AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment