Monday, November 12, 2012

25 weeks

25 weeks

Frank and I had a good weekend catching up & hanging out since he is home from Vegas now. I had a Dr.'s appointment today, and the one hour gestational diabetes test (had to drink the nasty orange sugary drink, which actually wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting!). So yeahhh....I FAILED! I have to go back in a few weeks for a 3 hour test. Not sure how I failed, I fasted for 12 hrs before the test just to be safe, even though they said I didn't have to....so I don't know. I really hope I don't have gestational diabetes, that would suck! I guess we will find out in a few weeks. My Dr. and nurse seem to be pretty certain that I'll do fine on the next test, but I'm still a little worried about it. I can't help but feel guilty about it, like somehow it's my fault that I failed. Until then, I'll just be making sure I'm eating as healthy as I can...no more ice cream & cookies for me :(. Not that I was eating a ton of that to begin with....

That's about it. The baby is moving around a lot...and should weigh close to 2 pounds now! I can't believe we only have about 15 weeks left until we have another little person joining our family.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry! Clair just failed her's too and goes back today for the 3 hour test. I am sure you will do fine. Jessica- the RD in the family told Clair to start walking. Exercise helps your body break up the sugar you consume or something like that...I'll say a prayer for you and the littlest! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Apparently several people I know fail the first one and pass the second, so I'm hoping that is the case with me. I have been pretty lazy lately and not excersising as much as I should be, so starting yesterday I started it up again and hopefully that will help as well :)

      Delete