Thursday, May 5, 2011

Furniture

This week has been pretty non-eventful. Frank left for Vegas on Sat. morning and I’ve been doing a little work here and there while he’s been gone. Still painting door/window trim. I’m doing about 2 at a time so it’s not so overwhelming. At first I thought I would never finish, but I’m starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel…now that I’m about 3/4th of the way finished! I’m hoping to have it mostly done by Sunday.

On Friday before Frank left, we FINALLY purchased some furniture- woohoo!! The majority of it is going to be delivered this weekend (the living room furniture and the server that matches our dining room set). However, the dining room table and chairs were backordered- so they won’t be in until around mid-June. Wahhh wahhhhh. I can wait, though. At least we’ll have couches! I wanted to put a rug under the dining room table and also in the living room, but since they are open to each other I’m kind of confused on how I should do this…do I get matching rugs? Or do I just get rugs that compliment each other? Or does it even matter?! Probably not, I just don’t want it to look weird.

Bought couch and loveseat

Here's the table we bought that extends to 90" (now we have room for our big families that come to visit, hint hint). We also bought 8 chairs and the server that's in the back of the photo

Matching chair for the living room, also got the matching ottoman- it's super comfy

I wish I had a photo of the end table/coffee table and the TV console we purchased, but I can't find it online...I'll be sure to post more photos when the furniture is in the house :)

The tornadoes we had last week were craziness. Luckily it was all about 100 miles north of us…we had a few smaller ones that were probably 15 miles north, but they were nothing in comparison to the ones in Tuscaloosa/Birmingham. My old roommate, Nichole, lives in Tuscaloosa and the tornado was literally across the street from her apartment complex - luckily she was fine. But the buildings all down the street from her apartment are pretty much a total loss…she’s actually coming to Montgomery this weekend to stay with me.

Other than that- not much news! I’m gearing up for my Vegas bachelorette trip next week, which should be fun. I think I might try and drive to the Hoover Dam and check it out while I’m there. Plus, I can’t wait to see my best friend Cathy (who’s engaged now!), and my sister who’s flying out, Frank’s sister who’s getting married in a month…and I guess my husband too. Ha. Plus, I kind of miss the desert in a weird sort of way. I got tired of it pretty quickly when I was in Phoenix during the summer for a few months in 2007…but it’s always nice to go back and visit. I wish I could spend a few weeks out there, but I guess a few days will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment