Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Lots of going ons

I probably shouldn’t test my luck with Vegas too often…ha.

I had a great time visiting out west! Some of the highlights of the trip were visiting the Hoover Dam (I had never been there before, and we got to walk over the new bridge!), double date to Phantom of the Opera with Frank, my sister, and her boyfriend, seeing my best friend who I hadn’t seen in 9 months who got engaged recently…and of course, the bachelorette party shenanigans ;).

4 days in Vegas = not much sleep and really sore feet from all the walking…but that’s okay! Note taken: NEVER forget to bring good walking shoes to Vegas, my feet still hurt a week later.

On the way home from Vegas I flew back through Memphis, and saw Air Force One take off while I was waiting for my connecting flight. It was pretty neat, I guess the President was there because of all the flooding…which I was able to see quite a bit of it while we were landing/taking off.

On the 19th, Frank’s sister, her husband, and their 5 kids came to our house to visit for the next week. It’s so fun having people fill up our house! I just wish we had better accommodations since we are still in the middle of a few projects here and there…oh well. While they were here we caravanned to Panama City Beach, FL and enjoyed a Sat. night cook out with some friends of ours who live there. The next day Frank and his brother-in-law went scuba spear-fishing, and Frank’s sister and I took all the kids to the beach. The water was warm and I got a bit of a sunburn…it’s officially summer :).


This past weekend we drove to central Missouri for our friends wedding- it was a fun road trip minus the part where I had some sort of fever/virus/flu, general all around yucky-ness. Luckily it only lasted about 2-3 days so my whole 4 day weekend wasn’t completely shot. On Monday- Memorial Day- Frank and I did some house & yard work and ran a few errands. We finally have a bit of a slow down this week and I’m looking forward to it. We have a lot of little stuff that needs to get done and I feel like I haven’t had a chance to catch up in a while! This weekend there will be a big squadron party for all the pilots/wives/friends of, etc....and I'm really looking forward to it. It's gotta be good if a band called "More Cowbell" will be there...haha.

Here are a few photo's over the past few weeks, I'm going up upload more later...

View from GhostBar in Vegas - fun night!


We shared 7 different deserts at Café Belle Madeleine in Paris..YUMMY

How do you choose!?!?!
Driving through St. Louis on the way to the wedding...never been there before :)



No comments:

Post a Comment