Monday, August 15, 2011

Happenings

So it’s been nearly a month since I’ve updated and I’ve pretty much accepted that’s the way it’s going to be. It’s been busy as usual since Frank got back from Ukraine. Our house is a mess because we’re constantly coming or going…and the laundry piles just keep getting bigger! Luckily Frank is home today (he’s off on Mondays) and apparently he’s already done 4 loads of laundry-woohoo!

I’ve started working out with Frank at the Crossfit gym he’s been going to the past year or two. This is the first time I’ve worked out regularly…hmm…pretty much since high school. Yeah, it’s been a while! I’ve done a little here and there but it’s been more like running, Pilates, etc…nothing this intense. So far it hasn’t been too bad- but I’m still in the “elements” phase which lasts about a month. The workouts are shorter and easier than what everyone else is doing. I know I should enjoy it while I can, because they are going to get a lot harder as time goes by!

This past weekend I went to Gulf Shores, AL with some friends for a girls weekend. It was so nice to get out of Montgomery for a few days and relax on the beach and eat some yummy seafood! We had a great time :). I forgot my camera so this is the only photo I took (with my phone)...hopefully I'll have more to add later once the other girls get theirs uploaded.



Frank and I have been talking about going to Costa Rica ever since it fell through for our honeymoon last year…so guess what? We’re going for our first anniversary! I booked my ticket last week and we’ll be in Costa Rica from Sept 3-10th. It’s sort of a birthday/anniversary present to ourselves since we didn’t buy each other gifts…we’re bad about that stuff. Instead of gifts we’ll be making memories together in Central America!

At first I was thinking about doing the west side of Costa Rica, there are a lot of beaches and it seems like the place that most people go. But after some research, I have decided we are going to probably spend most of the time in the southeast side (the Caribbean side). It’s less touristy, better weather this time of year, lots of natural beauty. I found all these little bungalow’s in the rainforest close to the beaches (http://tierradesuenoslodge.com/). So far the plan is to start the trip off in Puerto Viejo, explore the rainforest, and maybe take a 2 day trip to Panama and go to Bocas Del Toro (some islands off the coast of Panama that look awesome). Before we leave I also want to raft the Pacuare River, I read that it is one of the top 10 rivers according to National Geographic….I’m super stoked!!

This weekend I’m heading to Wichita Falls for my dear friend Cathy’s wedding shower. So excited to see her and also be able to celebrate her birthday with her this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment