Monday, August 29, 2011

One down, a lifetime to go

Here we are a year later…I will have to give the first year of marriage a solid 10 out of 10. I wasn’t 100% sure of what to expect going into this whole marriage business…who really is? You never really know what it’s going to be like until you move in with that person and start living your life together. Being married is definitely an adjustment, but an easy change for the most part. During our anniversary dinner we talked about what one thing we would change about each other during the past year…It was hard to think of anything, but we finally decided that I needed to make sure I rise off the dishes before I put them in the sink…and Frank needs to stop looking at the TV behind me with the Lion’s football game on during our anniversary dinner (I was nice enough NOT to bring up holey underwear!)! Ha! Nooo…he didn’t watch the game, but I did notice his eyes wandering in that general direction a time or two right when we sat down. I’d say if those are our biggest complaints for the past year, we are doing rather well...obviously still in the honeymoon phase :)

Unfortunately, we all have those people in our lives that knock marriage and talk about it like it’s the worst thing in the world….Frank and I can’t really figure that one out. Maybe we are still young and a little naive in our marriage, but we think being married is pretty much the best thing ever. We are happier than we have ever been, and we have so much fun being together. I’m not going to say that everything is perfect and lovely and easy 24/7…but I would venture to say it is like that…most of the time.

There is one woman I know who is the type that always talks smack about marriage, and last week she had the audacity to say “I give you guys 10 years”…In her defense she was totally joking and that’s just how she is, you can never take her seriously. But it still sort of took me by surprise that she would even say something like that jokingly…it was actually pretty rude now that I’m thinking about it. I mean, what do you say in response to that? Do any of you guys have people in your lives that have negative views of marriage? Does it make you uncomfortable?

I’ll stop talking about marriage now. With one year under our belt…we obviously have a lot of learning and growing still to do, but I’m thrilled that we’re super happy where we are at now :)…and can’t wait to see what the years hold ahead of us.

1 year :)

Frank doesn't know I posted these online....shhh!

Cake in yo face!


This Saturday we’re leaving for Costa Rica and we’ll be there a week. This week is probably going to drag at work, but that’s okay, because there is a huge light at the end of the tunnel. A light that includes a rainforest bungalow with hammocks and fruity drinks, and monkeys swinging through the trees….ahhhhhh….5 more days…

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you both!!!! Marriage is amazing, don't let anyone tell you otherwise! (although frank did tell me similar things in his high school and early college years :) Fortunately, he was mostly joking then. Blessings to you both! Hope to see you back in MI eventually.
    GW

    ReplyDelete