Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Home from the Keys


Back to reality! I had a great time hanging out with the hubs in Key West, but unfortunately, that is over. Wahh wahhh. It was a pretty relaxing trip, didn’t get into toooo much trouble. We hung out with our newly engaged friends Rich & Mel a lot, checked out Bahia Honda, rented some kayaks and kayaked around the mangroves, ate some really good food, and spent some time on Duval St. One of the days the guys had to work, so we had a girls day and went shopping. I didn’t buy anything, but they had some really interesting boutique-ish shops there. I miss my husband, so ready for him to be home. 3 weeks kind of sucks, it’s not that long for him to be gone, but it’s also not really short either. He gets back on Saturday, yay!

We have a full crew working on the master bathroom now, it’s finally “under construction”! I came home and it was a complete disaster area…there was a massive hole drilled out of the concrete slab, getting it prepped for the new shower drain. Yesterday it looks like they finished it, because they had poured concrete over it and I see the shiny new drain is installed. One step closer! I can’t wait until they start building the shower.

The next couple of weeks are going to be cra-zy. Between finishing up the house and moving, we are pretty much not going to have a life. I wonder what the heck we are going to do with all our free time after we move. I seriously cannot imagine life without big projects going on 24/7.

Pray that Frank gets a call from Fedex! We are ready to start the next chapter ;). Actually, just pray that something (anything) presents itself and we make the right decision. We have no clue where we will be or what we will be doing in the next year. We are open and ready for whatever life wants to throw at us.

Oh yeah, I didn’t bring a camera to Key West..fail. Oops. So here are the few I snapped with my phone...

View from our room on base

Pretty parrot!

Olivia St.

This is actually feet away from where Frank was when he got the call that he would be hired as an F-16 pilot several yrs. ago!

Sunset, night 1

Sunset, night 2

No comments:

Post a Comment