Tuesday, February 12, 2013

38 weeks

1 week and 6 days until my due date. Pretty sure I'm not going into labor anytime soon! I feel like I'm not even close to having this baby...but we'll see. In a perfect world - I will feel totally normal, wake up one day and be in labor (preferably before my due date or not long after), have a super fast labor and then have a baby. Hm...what do you think the chances are that it will go down like that? In my dreams maybe...trying to stay positive! I'm starting to get a little freaked out about labor, mostly just the idea that it could last a really long time. As long as it's fast-ish I think I can deal with it. Trying not to think about it much because there's really not much I can do about it right now!

In other news, it's been raining here NON-STOP since Sunday afternoon...that's 48 hours of rain and counting. Doen't look like it's stopping anytime soon, either. This past Friday was technically my last full-day at work...I am going in for a few hours here and there this week, though. On Friday night Frank and I went to this new bar downtown called Aviator Bar.  It felt good to get out and hang out with friends, won't get to do that quite as often pretty soon! Frank and I (mostly Frank) have just gotten on this "Walking Dead" kick and watched Season 1 this weekend. Looks like we'll be spending our last few days/weeks without baby watching zombies! Haha.  I did a bunch of baby laundry the past few days, and put the carseat base in my car...Part of me can't believe this is actually happening! I still think it won't really hit me until the baby is here :)

I joke around with Frank all the time that the baby wants out! Really, he/she does. Every day the movements get stronger and stronger and sometimes it literally feels like the baby is trying to push his/her way out through my stomach. It's uncomfortable, but I still love it. I always heard babies slow down and don't move as much towards the end, not the case with this little one! We are ready when the baby is!

38 weeks.






4 comments:

  1. Looking good. Glad this little adventure is going so well for you. Settled on names?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). Haven't settled on names yet, looks like we're going to be "that" person who waits until the absolute last second or until right after the baby is born!

      Delete
  2. You look great!! And don't be worried about the labor. Our labor coach told us that labor time is so different that regulary time...I didn't understand at first but it's true. Your preseption is so differnt when you are working to get that baby out! You will do great! Relax and stay calm and everything will go wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've actually been pretty relaxed about the whole thing until a few days ago, it's weird. Right now my strategy is to try and not think about it...and pray everything goes smoothly!

      Delete