Monday, February 4, 2013

37 weeks

I suppose this is considered full-term according to some people, but I don't think the baby has any intentions of coming before the due date! I still feel like I could be forever away from giving birth, but it's fun to think that it will probably be happening in a few weeks. Overall I'm feeling good. I guess my symptoms right now are tiredness, braxton-hicks here and there, achiness (not bad, though), some insomnia, & hungry all the time! Also, my stomach itches SO.FREAKING.BAD. It just started about a week ago and has been getting worse. Pretty sure it's because my skin is stretched to the limit! Still moisturizing like crazy and it helps a little, but the itching drives me insane. At least I only have to deal with it a few weeks, I've heard of some people having this issue the whole time! 

This week is my last week as a workin' woman before I venture out into the unknown world of stay at home wife/mommy. Not gonna lie, I'm not quite sure what to expect. I'm super excited to be able to have the opportunity to stay at home and raise our baby, and at this point I'm really looking forward to not having to get up and go to work every morning. However, I have a feeling I will miss working eventually...but probably not anytime real soon!

This past weekend I finished up a few baby related things, bags are packed for the hospital (basic stuff anyway), and I bought a few boy & girl outfits so we'll have at least a few gender specific things for the first week or two. I think we're pretty much set at this point. I'm feeling pretty calm about how our lives are about to change, just enjoying the last few weeks and not feeling too anxious yet. I'm so ready to meet this little guy/girl, but I'm in no rush to hurry things along just yet. 

The baby cracks me up because he/she seems soooo squished in there and body parts are constantly poking out making my stomach look totally deformed. Every time I push the body part back in he/she pushes it back even harder. Today I had a foot or elbow sticking out at least an inch or more and it was so funny looking. Poor baby, all squished up in there :(...not too much longer! 


37 weeks


No comments:

Post a Comment