Tuesday, March 19, 2013

2 weeks

Kaia is two weeks old today! I can't believe 2 weeks has already gone by, it has all been a blur. I feel like we are finally getting into the swing of things, though. Frank went back to work mid-last week, but will be taking the second half of this week off since his parents will be here.

She is such a good baby. The first few nights at home were a little rough, but now she will sleep for 3-4 hour stretches at night, and doesn't cry much at night at all...just wakes to eat and then falls back asleep.  Sometimes I even have to wake her up! I feel super lucky. Who knows how long this will last, though. It's still really hard for me to sleep, even though she does. I'm constantly checking on her and waking at her every peep! I feel like I don't sleep deeply anymore, but that's to be expected, I suppose!

During the day she eats really often and has been more and more alert. In the evenings she gets fussy and wants to eat non-stop for hours at a time...this was her most active time before she was born too, so that doesn't surprise me. Maybe this is why she sleeps so good, because she gets super full the last few hours she's awake.

We had newborn photos done a few days ago, can't wait to see how they turned out. I thought for sure she would scream through the whole thing, but she actually did okay! There were a few melt downs, but nothing was peed/pooped on, and I was able to calm her down by nursing her, so it worked out.

Today was her first check-up with the pediatrician. She weighs 7 pounds 3 oz and is a healthy! She was 7 pounds 4 oz at birth, so I was hoping she'd weight a little more by now, but they said that was fine and she was close enough to her birth weight. She probably lost quite a bit the first few days before we got in the swing of breastfeeding. Hopefully she keeps gaining. She's pretty lean right now, all the newborn stuff is still pretty big on her, and all newborn pants are too big around the waist...she's a skinny minnie!

I am finally feeling sort of "normal" again...it's crazy how fast your body recovers from something like that! I am loving being able to bend over, roll over in bed, sleep on my stomach, curl up on the couch, pretty much all the things that I couldn't do just 2 weeks ago. It's awesome. Maybe in a few more weeks I'll be up for a run!

Here are a few photos from the first 2 weeks at home!

Tree frog

She is so peaceful when she is sleeping!

Why you squishing my face, ma?!

Wide awake

Her favorite place to sleep :) 
Dreaming of....?

Passed out after her Dr's appointment today...2 weeks old!



No comments:

Post a Comment