Monday, September 17, 2012

17 weeks

Frank got home from his Spain trip on Wednesday, and on Thursday night we went to an outdoor summer symphony concert. It's finally cooling down enough around here that the nights aren't totally unbearable, so it was actually pretty nice spending some time sitting outside & listening to music/spending time with our friends. Unfortunately Frank had to work all weekend, so I haven't seen him too much since he got back. We did go out Sat. night after work and had dinner with friends and went to the Sandbar (an outdoor bar on the river downtown). Good times :) I keep thinking to myself that we won't be able to just do whatever we want, whenever we want in a few months. Must take advantage of every opportunity now! Sunday, after Frank got home, we went to mass and then watched football and ate dinner. Typical weekend at the Prokops.
As far as the whole pregnancy thing is going- it's going just fine :). Nights are still restless with crazy dreams...I'm waking up probably 4-5 times a night (ugh). But, that's how it goes, and after this baby is here I'll probably be getting up that many times a night so might as well get used to it! I woke up this morning with pains in my upper stomach muscles...that was not fun. I think I may have slept on my stomach on accident (or some other weird position) and it hurt so bad that I woke up, luckily it went away after a few hours. Still eating everything in sight. I won't even tell you guys how much junk food I ate today...yeah, today was not a good eating day. Other than the eating and restless nights, I have no complaints whatsoever. It could be much worse, so I am counting my blessings! Oh- and also this past week I finally started walking again. I tried running a few felt so weird that I stopped. I'm just not used to having my stomach feel heavy when I run. I'm sure it won't hurt anything, but it's just uncomfortable. I am kind of mad at myself for not running for 3-4 months straight! I'm pretty sure if I would have kept it up that I would have gradually gotten used to it. I guess for now I'll stick with walking :(.

Next week is the BIG ULTRASOUND! Counting down the days to when we get to have a peek on the baby and check everything out. I'm still not sure if I'm feeling the baby move at all, but today at work I could have swore I felt something for sure. Right after I ate a powdered doughnut (I know, I know) was probably all hyped up on the sugar, for about 2 minutes, I could feel little taps a little stronger than they were last week. So, we'll see. Also at church last night I was getting some weird feelings too (maybe it's the loud music?).

Here's the 17 week belly. I still feel like I am not showing, but when I see the photos of myself I feel like they make me look bigger than I really am. Who knows. Frank notices now, so I guess I'm at least showing little bit!

17 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment