Monday, September 24, 2012

18 weeks

I guess the biggest thing this week is I have really started noticing more movement...which is awesome. It's still not that often, but I feel it every day now! Today I ate a few sour gummy worms I felt some of the biggest thumps I've had so far, and it happened several times in a row. It was the neatest thing. I can't wait until it gets strong enough for Frank to feel it too.

I had a Dr's appointment today and was really excited because we were supposed to have our anatomy ultrasound. Well, turns out the ultrasound tech took a vacation day and wasn't there....soooo, I ended up having a regular check up and had to reschedule the ultrasound. I was a little bummed because I was sooo looking forward to seeing the baby (our last ultrasound was at 9 weeks at my first appt). I guess I'll have to wait 3 more weeks. The good thing about that is the baby will be even bigger, so maybe it will be better to wait. I've gained 5 pounds since my last appointment 5 weeks ago! Eek! The Dr. didn't seem too concerned, though. I guess a pound a week is about average now. So far I've gained about 7 lbs total.

This week I've also been doing a lot of research on childbirth, and came really close to signing up for a natural childbirth class. I decided to wait for now...the schedule of the classes didn't really work for us. This may be the only class offered before February in Montgomery, so I may be winging it! The reality that this baby is going to have to come out somehow is starting to hit me! Ha

18 weeks!

Other big news this past week, my sister-in-law Angela and her husband Jason had a beautiful baby girl on the 19th (her name is Samantha Jane). Frank and I are aunt & uncle for the 17th time! We have one more niece or nephew coming in October, and then it will be our turn in Feb :)




1 comment:

  1. How fun!! I have a friend that did natural childbirth and her first labor lasted 30 hours. I'm not telling you this to scare you but to encourage you. Her second baby came in 3 hours the same way. You can DO it!! I'm so happy for you. Thank you for sharing this awesome experience. I actually am having baby fever right now and you are helping aleviate some of that. :)

    ReplyDelete