Monday, August 13, 2012

12 weeks

The babe is growing! Finally in the last week of the first trimester. Baby seems to be doing good in there...I just ate most of a frozen pizza (not my proudest moment...but, it happned) and listened for the heartbeat with my doppler right afterwards. I found it immediately...I think baby Prokop likes pizza, just a guess. Finding the heartbeat is getting super easy now. The baby should be about 3 inches long, so I'm betting that's why he/she is easier to find.

Frank is still in Romania and won't be back until around the 22nd...booo! Oh well, I really shouldn't complain. Three weeks is a walk in the park compared to how long some people have to be away from their spouse in the military.  He was able to go do a little exploring last weekend. He and some friends went to Sibiu and Brasov. They were also able to check out Transfagarasan, they really wanted to do these roads by motorcycles, but they weren't able to rent any. They also went to a castle, I believe it was Dracula's Castle. Yesterday at "work" he flew in one of the Romanian jets, a Mig 21, I'm sure he had a blast and it was probably a highlight of his trip.

Other than that, there hasn't been much more excitement going on around here. We are trying to come up with a "babymoon" plan. Thinking of a big vacation in October-ish? Maybe later. I'm not sure where I want to go, but I've thrown around some ideas in the Caribbean, Belize, Maui....and Iceland. Yeah, not sure what I was thinking when I was looking into going to Iceland in October. I really want to go, but Oct/Nov probably isn't the best time! It seems most businesses and tours shut down for the winter around Sept./Oct., so that's pretty much off the table now. Too bad, maybe some other time!

Oh yes, sooooo.....the Olympics are now over and I'm wondering what to do with all my spare time. Then I remembered....SHARK WEEK! Yes! I am convinced that Shark Week is strategically placed right after the Olympics so as to suck in everyone who has been glued to the TV for the past 3 weeks. Well, it worked.


No comments:

Post a Comment