Wednesday, August 1, 2012

One on the way

Soooo...we are expecting!! Baby P will be making his or her debut around February 25! We are soo excited. A couple of things have been going on since my last post....which was FOREVER ago. Looks like I took a little summer hiatus from posting, but I plan on getting back into it. Especially to write about pregnancy things and keep everyone posted :)

Since the last post:

*Settled into the RV
*House sat for a few weeks
*Went to Destin for a couple of days over Memorial Day weekend with some friends, decided we were having too much fun to go back to work on Tuesday, so we drove to Atlanta afterwards and stayed in Buckhead a night and met up with some friends! It was an awesome weekend
*Recuperated from a year and a half of house renovations...
*Went to a military dining out (fancy dinner- It was interesting stepping out of an RV in a formal gown!
*Flew to Michigan for Frank's cousin's wedding and his sisters baby shower
*Day after we got home from Michigan...found out we were pregnant!
*Another weekend in Destin with some friends
*Looked at a few houses, actually put an offer on one that needed some renovations
*Decided that a house probably wasn't a good idea right now for various reasons, revoked the offer (that was close!)
*4th of July on Lake Martin
*Zap's retirement party at the squadron, sad to see him go!
*Moved out of the RV and into an apartment
*First pre-natal appointment, awesome!
*Frank leaves for Romania for 3 weeks :(... (this was today)

I was pregnant in this photo and had no clue.

Going back to the pregnancy...I'm 10 and a half weeks right now. Things have been great for the most part, so far the worst was around 6-8 weeks. I never got super nauseous or threw up (besides the day I found out...that's how I knew to take a test!), but I felt pretty bad. Super, suuuuuper tired, food aversions, starving, general blah feeling. I think I was going to bed around 6:30 PM for about a week straight. I'm doing much better now, not nearly as tired as I was, and feeling much more normal. Some days I feel so normal that I have to remind myself that I am actually pregnant! Frank has been such a blessing and has been doing so much to keep things going at the house, cooking meals, cleaning, letting me sleep my life away there for a while, making sure I'm comfortable all the time...I feel super lucky to have him :)

The first appointment was on July 21 and I was exactly 9 weeks. The ultrasound went great and we got to see the little guy/girl squirming around in there, little heart beating away at 184! It was really awesome and such a relief. Some people don't know, but we had a missed miscarriage soon after we got married, and it was hard to not worry until I saw a healthy baby in there. It took about a year and a half after the miscarriage to get pregnant again, so I was definitely a little nervous. I still am, but I'm feeling much more confidant this time around. One thing that has helped, I bought a doppler to hear the heartbeat at home. I honestly didn't really know if it would actually work or not, but it does! I found the heartbeat at home around 9.5 weeks and I've had no trouble finding it since. It gives me a lot of peace of mind to know that all is well in the belly :). It is seriously the coolest thing ever to be able to hear the heartbeat at home. No belly yet...starting to feel like I'm getting a little rounder in the stomach region, but no one but me can really tell yet. Pants are feeling tighter, though...I have a feeling the big girl pants will be coming out soon! Frank asks me daily if I need big girl pants yet, hahaha.

9 week ultrasound! Little legs and feet to the left and big head to the right :)
Basically, we are ecstatic, and praying everything goes well from here on out.  We love reading about the baby developing and growing every week, can't wait to have our little one here! This week is lime week! I can't believe the baby is about 2 inches long! We won't be finding out the sex...which should be interesting. Frank is thinking girl and I have a feeling it's a boy, but honestly...I have no idea. We will be so happy either way. It's going to be a surprise for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment