Tuesday, October 30, 2012

23 weeks 1 day

I've been in Vegas the past several days and it was so nice & relaxing. I really enjoyed being there and hated to leave this morning! I didn't do much, but that was fine with me. I was able to spend a lot of time with my friend Cathy....we hadn't seen eachother in a year so we had a lot of catching up to do! Unfortunately, Frank had to work at least a few hours a day...so we never got a full day to do things together. Either way, it was a great time and we were able to go to dinner just the two of us one night, and we also went to a Cirque Du Soleil show (which was pretty awesome). Baby Prokop loved the music at the show and was moving around a ton when the music got loud. I noticed the baby moving a lot more this week with loud noises. On the plane, every time the flight attendant started talking over the loudspeaker or one of those "ding" sounds went off when we got over 10,000 ft I could feel the baby jump. It was super cute. Baby has been moving more and more...especially in the mornings when my alarm is going off,  but haven't quite managed to roll out of bed yet. I think the alarm wakes the baby up too.

I totally failed at taking photos in Vegas. I didn't take ONE! Frank and I had plans to take photos by the Vegas sign with my pregnant self but that never happened....FAIL.

It was definitely the lowest-key Vegas trip I've ever been on...we never even walked around the strip once. BUT, we did eat some really yummy food at some restaurants off the beaten path, and I'm pretty sure I have gained a few pounds just in the past few days.

23 weeks....long day of travel!

Front view - 23 weeks
This week Baby P is over a pound...probably around 1.1-1.2 pounds, and a little over 11 inches long. I have an app that counts down to your due date and I only have a little over 16 weeks left! I'm now at about +12 pounds (or maybe a few more if you count all the crap I ate in Vegas...whoops). I definitely need to start eating better now that I'm home. He/she seems to be more and more active and I love feeling movement most of the day. Frank has been feeling it pretty regularly too, it is so neat. This week I've also had the first stranger ask how far along I was. I guess it's finally obvious enough...although most people still just stare and don't ask because no one wants to be THAT PERSON that asks someone who isn't actually pregnant. The TSA guy at the airport today was officially the first person to ask how far along I was and if this was my first.

I can't even begin to say how completely blessed I've felt during this pregnancy. Everything has been going so smoothly so far (knock on wood), I would have never expected it to be like this but I am so thankful. Frank has been absolutely amazing and has gone above and beyond what I have ever expected, and I love sharing this with him. We are both sooo looking forward to February...or maybe early March? Seeing him get excited about our growing family just makes me fall even more in love with him and I can't imagine what it will be like seeing him as a dad. I literally cannot wait. It's hard to be away from him now, even for a few days. It almost feels like we are just starting to date again, ha! I miss him already and I just saw him this morning...guess I'll have to keep busy the next 10 or so days until he's home. Corny, I know, but it's how I feel.

Well, I guess I should stop now before this becomes a huge sap-fest! I could go on, but I'll spare everyone. I just wanted to say how truly blessed I feel and I am not taking one second of it for granted. I am so undeserving of all that I have.

Alsoooo....we have a new nephew! Austin Joseph was born on Oct 26th (my sisters birthday). He was born to Frank's sister Laura & her husband Paul...this is their 8th! He is suuuch a cutie and I can't wait to meet him over Thanksgiving. We found out that our baby will be the tie breaker in Frank's family for boys vs. girls...right now there are 18 total nieces/nephews (9 boys, 9 girls).


No comments:

Post a Comment