Tuesday, January 22, 2013

35 weeks and counting...

I really feel like we are in the final countdown now...exciting! A little sad too, in a way. I kind of like being pregnant, and I have a feeling I'm going to miss the belly and all that goes with it. But, I know that having the baby in our arms will definitely make up for all of that.

This last week was pretty uneventful. Frank was in Tampa all week for work, and went to S. Florida for the weekend to hang out with a friend. He just got back late last night. I had the whole week to myself and it was actually pretty relaxing. I know these days are definitely limited, so I was pretty lazy and didn't do much except lounge around the house (I know, what a loser!). On Saturday I went out with a friend and got a pedicure/lunch, did some shopping, etc...so that was nice!

Starting this weekend I've noticed that I'm feeling a lot more achey...I can hardly stand up from the couch or roll over in bed without looking like a old granny, ha! I'm resisting the waddle, though. Trying to at least...we'll see how long that lasts. I found that sitting on an excercise ball is super comfortable and I replaced my chair at the dining room table with the ball. I almost want to bring it to work with me for my desk! Almost. I know I say it every time, but this baby is moving A LOT. He/she seems ready to be outta there! Definitely running out of room...the baby is supposed to be between 18-20 inches long and about 5.5-6 pounds.

I guess it's time to start thinking about packing a hospital bag. I'm pretty relaxed about this, but I know some people really plan it out and have it packed months before the due date. Frank is actually the one that keeps telling me I should pack one (maybe because he thinks I look like I'm about to bust)! I'll probably start getting some stuff together in the next week or two, but seriously doubt I'll need it anytime soon! The hospital is literally 3-4 miles down the road from our apartment on the same street, so it's not like it would be a big deal for Frank to run home and grab something.

Some of you may know, but I am quitting my job. February 8th is my tenative last day...it will be sad to leave but I am really excited for the next chapter of life as a stay at home mommy and wife. Maybe eventually I'll start doing some freelance work from home like I have done in the past. I'd like to get back into it if I can! I'll also be managing our 2 rental houses, but I've been doing that for a few years now anyway. Either way, I'm going to try and stay busy :)


Bouncy ball!
 
35 weeks..
 I had a Dr. appointment yesterday and everything looks great! My next appointment is in 2 weeks, and then I'll be starting the weekly appointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment